NETT is a collaborative program working with unemployed and underemployed residents to increase their computer skills. In partnership with WinstonNet, Forsyth Technical Community College and Forsyth County Public Library we offer two programs:
1. Technology Skills for Life and Employment (WinstonNet/Forsyth Tech)
Eligible residents can enroll in a FREE 30-hour course covering everything from basic computer skills, interviewing techniques, communication skills and more. After completing the course graduates will be eligible to purchase a refurbished laptop computer at a greatly reduced price.
To be considered for participation in this program you must first meet the following criteria:
- You are unemployed or meet the income criteria
- You live in the Place Matters neighborhoods (zip code 27105)
- You don’t have a working computer at home
To verify eligibility or for more information please call: 336-734-7748 ext. 2
2. Computer Training Bridge (Forsyth County Public Library)
The goal of the Computer Training Bridge is to promote digital literacy in Forsyth County. Library patrons can attend free classes that cover a variety of technology topics at all skill levels. These include training sessions using the library’s online resources and research databases, job search tools, and test preparation. The program also includes classes in job readiness and skill sets using basic and advanced computer software (Google Drive, Gmail, social media, etc.). Participants in these classes will become better prepared to meet the challenges of the job market and will enrich their information technology knowledge base.
The Library is offering the following computer training classes in the Place Matters neighborhoods:
- One-on-one sessions for those with various learning abilities and experience levels.
- Career preparation computer literacy training, job seeking and resume writing.
- STEM/STEAM sessions that include robotics and technology skill-building designed for those with various learning abilities and experience levels.
- Test-taking (i.e., SAT/ACT, GED, etc.)
- The Library Bookmobile, equipped with mobile laptops and iPads, will travel to the neighborhoods to conduct computer training classes.
For more information or to register for a class, please call 336-703-3079 or visit our website: forsythcomputertraining.org